To apply for a Nursery place, you can collect a pack from the school office.
To apply for a school place in Reception to Year 6 you can apply online at www.stockton.gov.uk/schooladmissions
Stockton Booklet: Admissions to Primary Schools 2018
Stockton Booklet: Admissions to Secondary Schools 2018
Admission Arrangements to Main School 2017 – 2018 :
(STOCKTON’S ADMISSIONS POLICY FOR 2018: )
Admission policy for community schools and voluntary-controlled schools
1 Pupils who are in the care of the local authority, or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order.
2 Pupils with a Special Education Need who are going through a statutory assessment and who have been identified as needing a ‘named’ mainstream school.
3 Pupils who have a brother or sister living at the same address, who are still at the school when the pupil begins.
4 Pupils resident within the admission zone who have returned a Common Application Form by the closing date (31st October 2016 for Secondary applications and 15th January 2017 for Primary applications).
5 Pupils who have exceptional social or medical reasons for being admitted to the school which would, should the child not be admitted, cause him or her to be seriously disadvantaged or put their personal safety at risk. In all cases corroboration will be sought from independent sources such as a medical specialist who has has continued involvement over a period of time; a social worker; an attendance officer; or another professional. It should be noted that places would not be allocated on the basis of aptitude or ability.
6 Pupils who live closest to a particular school measured in a straight line (“as the crow flies”).
You can apply on-line at www.stockton.gov.uk/schooladmissions
For the academic years 2016-2017 and 2017-2018, our admission limit in each Year Group is 20.
When it is not possible to comply with parental preferences, parents may appeal to an Independent Appeal Committee.
Admission to Reception Classes
Children will be admitted to Main School, (full time) in September 2017 if their date of birth falls between 1st September 2012 and 31st August 2013.
A meeting for new parents and a taster day for children will be arranged with staff in the term before your child begins school.
Reception New Starters
Admission to Nursery
We have provision for 26 children to attend morning nursery for 4 and 3 year olds. Parents are invited to put their child’s name on the waiting list. Application Packs are available from the School Office.
We follow Stockton’s policy when offering places for Nursery.
Priority is given to 4 year olds who are:
- Resident within the admission zone of the school;
- Not resident in the admission zone of the school and for whom it has not been possible/appropriate to allocate a place at their admission zone school and the school for which the parent is applying is deemed appropriate;
- Not resident in the admission zone of the school but have a sibling attending the school at the time they take their place in nursery.
Where there are vacancies remaining, up to the set admission number of 26 full time equivalent places, places will be allocated in the following order of priorities for 3 year old children who are:
- Resident in the admission zone of the school and are deemed to have exceptional circumstance. This includes special educational needs;
- Not resident in the admission zone of the school and deemed to have exceptional circumstance. This includes special educational needs;
- Resident in the admission zone and have a sibling attending the school at the time they take their place in nursery;
- Not resident in the admission zone and have a sibling attending the school at the time they take their place in nursery;
- Resident in the admission zone of the school;
- Not resident in the admission zone of the school.